There are many cases of medical malpractice in San Antonio, Texas. Sometimes patients who were negligently treated suffer as a result and need the help of an experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney in San Antonio. Some cases may be easier to prove than others due to the level of negligence involved but there is always someone out there fighting for you. If you or a loved one has been injured due to negligent treatment from a physician or hospital, contact us today for a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys!
The role of the attorney in a medical malpractice case
A medical malpractice attorney’s San Antonio case will typically not be filed until after any administrative hearings have been completed from your insurance company or claims administrator about payment for treatment received by you from an attending physician at the hospital where you were treated. In this phase, our job as San Antonio medical injury attorney is to help guide patients through all aspects of filing a claim with local hospitals and/or doctors.
How much does it cost to hire an attorney for your medical malpractice claim?
There is no one answer to this question. San Antonio medical malpractice attorneys fees can vary depending on the type of case and its complexity, as well as the amount of work that has gone into your case before you decide to hire an attorney. The cost will depend heavily upon many factors such as time spent working on your case before hiring a lawyer. If you haven’t already retained a lawyer it may be good for you to know how much time they have put in so far when discussing costs with them.
Why should you always have an attorney represent you when pursuing a claim against negligent doctors or hospitals?
The majority of people in the United States will receive medical treatment at some point during their lives. Unfortunately, a doctor or hospital can make mistakes that lead to injury and sometimes even death. When this happens, you may be able to file a claim against them for compensation if they caused your injuries due to negligence. Here are some reasons why everyone should have a medical negligence attorney San Antonio represent when pursuing these types of claims:
- You need someone who knows how insurance companies work when it comes time for settlement negotiations
- Injured victims often don’t know what evidence is needed in order to prove their case
Cases that are not eligible for compensation under this type of law
- Expired people (those declared legally dead) who are kept on life support systems in order to donate organs or blood for example.
- People who were injured by a defective drug, vaccine, medical device, and so forth that was approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Injuries caused during combat while serving in the military abroad. For this reason, you will need San Antonio medical malpractice attorneys with experience working as both a military law officer and a civilian lawyer.
The Snapka Law Firm, Injury Lawyers
310 S St Mary’s St Suite 1225, San Antonio, TX 78205