Ed. note: In honor of Columbus Day (and Canadian Thanksgiving), Above the Law will be on a reduced publication schedule. We’ll be back in full force tomorrow.
* A California family is being sued by an animal rights group for allegedly mistreating their cows. Maybe the farmers were lactose intolerant… Bet they’ll file a “moo”tion to dismiss…(I can go all day!). (My Valley News)
* A veteran Oregon attorney has surrendered his law license amid allegations of theft and other illicit conduct. (Oregonian)
* A woman has been charged with damaging the car of a lawyer representing a former cop allegedly involved in the death of George Floyd. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
* A federal judge has dismissed the Trump Campaign’s lawsuit concerning election procedures in Pennsylvania. (AP)
* An ethics board has approved of a New York lawyer withdrawing from a representation involving a court appearance out of fear of contracting COVID-19. (Bloomberg Law)
* A woman was cited over the weekend for allegedly drunk driving at over four times the legal limit and crashing into a bridge causing a traffic nightmare. Maybe she’ll get four times the normal punishment… (Fox News)
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at [email protected]