Seven lawyers filed applications for the position created by the resignation of Judge Ronald Higbee of Duval County on June 30th.
• Corrine Anne Bylund is the manager of Bylund Law in Jacksonville Beach. A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the Florida Coastal School of Law, she was admitted to the Florida bar in 2005.
• Margaret Gibbs Gulliford is Assistant District Attorney in the 4th Judiciary. Gulliford graduated from the University of Florida and Stetson University College of Law. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2012.
• Matthew Ian Lufrano is the owner of Lufrano Legal in Jacksonville. He graduated from the University of Florida and the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida. He was admitted to the Florida bar in 2009.
• Adina Lea Pollan is the owner of Pollan Legal in Jacksonville. A graduate of Emory University and Levin College of Law at the University of Florida, she was admitted to the Florida bar in 2005.
• Jonathan David Sacks is the Assistant District Attorney in the 4th District Court. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Richmond, Virginia, a masters degree in criminology from Floria State University, and his JD from FSU College of Law. He was admitted to the Florida bar in 2002.
• Julie Kae Taylor is General Counsel, Special Judge, and Hearing Officer for Civil Traffic Violations for the Fourth District Judiciary. She graduated from the University of Florida and the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. She was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1996.
• Susan Faris Zerbe is an associate defense attorney for the 4th Judicial Circle. A graduate of the University of Florida and Florida State University College of Law, Zerbe was admitted to the Florida bar in 2006.
The applicants will be interviewed by the nomination committee of the 4th circle at a time to be determined. The commission will submit up to six candidates to Governor Ron DeSantis, who will appoint Higbee’s successor.
All committee procedures are public, with the exception of the deliberations after the interviews.